Thursday, January 27, 2011

FBX Roller Girls

My bestie and ME!
So on Saturday I went to my very first roller derby event.  Just to get it out there it's a flat track, not banked like in the movie whip it.  Well my best friends sister, QWERTY, was doing her first bout on Saturday and she is awesome! I really can get into watching derby, I have even considered joining myself, the only set back besides having to make it through try outs is the money! Just for the gear its $350.00, and insurance is another $50.00 a year and then there is also monthly dues, so I said to my self "Self I think you can wait a year to see if you can afford it."  So that is what I am doing. So now my best friend and I are just the sideline cheerleaders lol not officially but we drew on our stomachs Saturday supporting her sister and being a mini-fan club. We decided we would like to get a bit more dressed up next time:)

Qwerty and her mini-fan club!!
So Derby raises money for a lot of organizations, this bout helped raise money for a scholarship for single mothers... and I am applying for it :) One of the coolest things they do every year is Zombie Prom, this years theme is Willy Wonka and the Flesh Factory. And I was struggling with what I would be so we went to a local consignment and found a gold dress and decided I am going to be a Zombie Golden ticket, I'm pretty sure no one else is going to be so its going to be awesome! And my boyfriend is going to be a chocolate bar. YAY ZOMBIES!!! The money raised for zombie prom this year is going to go to the aids foundation.

PS. The Q still hasn't come off my stomach!!

No comments:

Post a Comment