Friday, January 14, 2011

Late New Years Resolution

OK so I didn't actually remember about new years resolutions until about Monday this week. So I wrote some goals up and am starting Monday the 17th next week which is also Martin Luther King Jr Day. So Im now calling it my Martin Luther King Jr Day New Years Resolution.

1.Brush Teeth Daily
So I know your thinking gross, but in reality not everyone brushes their teeth daily, I have noticed if I am running late or extremely tired I will just go to bed or work and do nothing!
2. Take better care of self
Everyone has this one, the eating better and exercising, but really its a good one and its never hurts to try.
3. No texting or personal online things while on the clock
I admit I have a texting problem, and I like to do my own thing for a few minutes here and there, but in reality how am I going to be considered valuable at work if I'm dinking off?!?!? So I do my things before work, at lunch time and after work.
4. Get home improvement projects done
Getting all of them done is not necessarily realistic, but if I can get a lot of the little things done by 2012, that would make my life easier.(See house blog after its put up :))
5. Keep house and car clean
I have a small problem, I am super busy, by the time I get home at night it is 7, I still have to make Trenton and I dinner, get us ready for bed.  By the time that is done, its bed time.... though I do have a problem with staying up trying to get little things done, but I start one project and realize I had something else to do, then after I started that one I remember something else, by the time 11 pm rolls around I have 3 or 4 projects started and nothing accomplished. And my car.... I live out of it.... its gross.... yeah.
6. Better Time management
I don't really get enough sleep, I don't have Trent on a good schedule, I get side tracked... so maybe this is a good one to try.
7. Strengthen my Faith
I believe in God, plain and simple, I don't necessarily agree with organized religion. I feel closer to God when I am out side in an open night sky looking at the universe and all its amazing mystery. I haven't read the Bible, and I need to start.
8.Budget
A budget is an amazing thing, I'm usually good with my money management, but ever since my holiday trip I have nothing.... I am poor already but it got worse after this trip. So I am going to follow Dave Ramsey. I have started reading his book "Total Money Makeover", and my family that has money swears by it!! I have also recently read articles that I will see about how to attach them, on better ways to save money and such. You know like never paying full price for anything by looking for sale items, and using coupons and such.  I am also buying Christmas presents earlier, and putting money in a Christmas CD each month.

Part of the being healthier and budgeting is not stopping by my coffee shop anymore..... I am a Caffeine addict..... I need to cut it down a bit so I can live a long fruitful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment